April 27, 2009
I know that for many women, summer is a challenge time of the year given that you want to have that tan look yet without sitting in the sun and possibly damaging your skin. One option is the spray on tan and another I would recommend is the tanning product Sally Hansen Airbrush Legs.
It’s funny, I’m trying to find a way to say, it’s OK be fair skinned and it’s OK to walk outside without color while at the same time I know that many fair skinned women want to have a little color since the American culture tends to favor a little bronze.
I know, I’ve lived with a beautiful fair skinned woman for 23 years.
September 11, 2008
You can look at this video and think, “See, it’s impossible to look like these models.” or you can say, “What can I take away from this video to improve how I look while being real about myself. ”
- The right make-up can do miraculous things.
- Eyes, nose, cheeks, brows, and lips can all be altered with simple techniques.
- You need the right hair cut and the right person to show you how to do your hair.
- You can’t change your base without either surgery or Photoshop.
- This imagery, in your life time, is not going to disappear
What’s even funnier is that with all this, women perpetuate this movement more than men. Women buy the magazines. They shop in stores that promote the looks and many women compare themselves to the models.
What’s even more ironic is that men love everyday women. Men are always looking for everyday women, the court them, marry them, have children with them, grow old with them, and love them to pieces. While the only place to see models is in magazines, movies, and television.
What men like to do is see a woman, no matter what weight or height, take care of themselves in a way that makes them look good.
This means you can learn from these images but still maintain your own personal identity. Stand up straight, wear the right bra, walk with your feet straight and not pointed out, flaunt your intellectual and physical traits, put on a nice outfit and YOU will have men looking. Married, single, divorced, young, old.
The knowledge that men are with everyday women means that you won’t forget that men are looking in the grocery store, at the coffee shop, book store, amusement park, the mall, or even when you go out camping.
May 29, 2008
If you’re serious about looking your best, you must have the right tools, one of which might give you a real reality check.
It’s the magnification mirror. (No matter what point you are in your life.)
The reason: no matter how good your eyesight is, no matter how good you are at applying makeup, typically bathroom lighting is often wrong AND you can’t see everything that’s going on with your skin and how you’re applying your make-up.
Don’t take this wrong. I’m not looking for you to be obsessive; it’s just that skin changes with mood, body fluctuations, age, temperature, the food you eat, etc.. (If you’re 17, you may not have noticed all this yet.) The mirror, however, gives you that extra bit of information so that you can make great choices.
I’d suggest one with a light and multiple times the magnification.
* The more “wisdom” you have, the more important it is that you see exactly what you’re dealing with every morning. The clarity will help you make better choices about how you deal with your skin, maintain your eyebrows and hair, remove unappealing facial hair, insure your teeth are clean, and address any other concerns. The mirror will also enable you to work magic by making sure what you intend to do with your face is actually happening.